We had a busy year with shows, open days and events last year but we are pleased to be attending the following shows this year:
To book tickets / register for these events, click on the relevant logos below.
Connecting Futures in the West Midlands Transportation Infrastructure Roadshow
British Pig and Poultry Fair
15th and 16th May 2018
NAEC Stoneleigh, Stoneleigh Park, Warks. CV8 2LG
30th and 31st May 2018
Area B, Stand 33
Staffordshire County Showground, Weston Road, Stafford. ST18 0BD
19th and 20th June 2018
14th and 15th August 2018
Tŷ Glyn Williams, The Showground, Gwalchmai, Holyhead, Anglesey. LL65 4RW
We look forward to seeing you there!
We are happy to announce that our Winter 2017 edition of our magazine, Gunn Shot is out now! We have included a selection of articles, from the shows we have attended to the charities we have supported. You can collect your copy of Gunn Shot from your nearest Gunn JCB depot or alternatively, you can view it by either clicking on this link: Winter 2017 Gunn Shot magazine or clicking on the picture of our Gunn Shot magazine below. We hope you enjoy reading it!
Adrian Murphy, Systems Manager at our Altrincham depot and one of our longest serving staff members, will be retiring from Gunn JCB on Friday 22nd December 2017 after nearly 44 years of sterling service!
Adrian joined Stephensons Fork Trucks (a subsidiary of the Gunn Group division) in April 1974 where he worked in the stores, ending up as Parts Manager. He then moved to Gunn JCB’s Altrincham depot in 1979 before transferring to the Longbridge depot in 1981. In 1986, he switched back to HQ as Parts Manager of Gunn Plant Sales until a career change beckoned in 1988. Adrian embarked on his new career in the IT department at our Altrincham depot as Systems Manager and has fulfilled this key role ever since.
Adrian plans to spend his retirement decorating his home for the first couple of months, spending time with his grandchildren, gardening and photography and is looking forward to his holiday to South Africa in March 2018.
We are sad to see Adrian leave but we wish him all the best for the future.
Big or small, wide or tall, your donation will help towards the ball
This year, the Lighthouse Club North West will be hosting their annual Christmas Ball at the Hilton Hotel in Manchester on Saturday 25th November 2017.
The Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity is the only charity that provides financial and emotional support to the construction community and their families who have suffered an injury or long-term illness or simply need a helping hand.
A raffle, auction and tombola will be taking place on the night and any prizes or donations for these are welcome.
If you would like to donate any prizes, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to book a table or find out more about this ball, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, we have already enjoyed attending the Staffordshire County Show, Waste ’16, Vertikal Days, Hillhead 2016, the Nantwich Show, the Anglesey Show and the Tom White Waste open days as well as hosting our own Mini Centre Of Excellence open day at our Stoke-on-Trent depot and an open day at our West Midlands depot. We were also proud to support the Commemoration Concert at the Irish World Heritage Centre (IWHC), in association with the Hallé. We will be attending the Speedy Expo on 2nd and 3rd November at the Liverpool Exhibition Centre.
Visit us at The Showman’s Show on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th October to find out all you need to know about generators. To register for The Showman’s Show, click here.
We will be hosting our next open day at our Ruthin depot on Saturday 29th October. Please see the flyer below for details. If you would like to reserve a place, click here. We look forward to seeing you there!
Martin Sherwin, the Owner of Total Property Maintenance (TPM), has purchased two new machines from us which include a new JCB 8025 ZTS to add to his existing one and a new, fully spec’d JCB 55Z-1 which is the first one in the UK market, in order to move forward with his business commitments. These machines will be undertaking motorway maintenance but Martin has hinted that plant hire is an ambition that he may pursue going forward.
FIRST FOR VISIBILITY
- See all four wheels.
- Moving the engine and tanks to the chassis lets you see all four wheels from your driving position.
- Reduced counterweight and tailswing lets you work against a wall with confidence.
- The JCB CommandPlus cab has more glass to further enhance your visibility.
- Optional LED lights give you amazing daylight working conditions after dark.
FIRST FOR STABILITY
- 1000kg at maximum reach*.
- Work in total confidence with class-leading over the side stability and with reduced tailswing.
- Engine and tanks mounted to chassis lower the centre of gravity and transform stability.
- Match every job with any combination of dozer and stabiliser options.
- Choose single, dual or floatation tyres to suit the ground conditions.
* Twin articulation boom offering lift capacity of 1000kgs through 360° off dual tyres.
FIRST FOR MOBILITY
- Stable 40kph roading.
- A lower centre of gravity and 2.6m wheelbase provides unrivalled true and stable 40kph roading.
- No changing gear with our stepless single speed hydrostatic transmission.
- Manufacturer approved 3.5T towing capability and trailer lets you take all your attachments with you.
- Achieve high torque at low revs with the 81kW JCB Ecomax engine.
FIRST FOR MANOEUVRABILITY
- Under 4m turning radius.
- Turn and work in a single carriageway with an under 4m turning radius.
- Enjoy 3 steer modes in 1 machine with 2WS, 4WS and crab steer.
- Always face forwards with our new reverse steer option.
- Go anywhere performance with class-leading axle oscillation.
FIRST FOR SERVICEABILITY
- Rapid ground level servicing.
- No more climbing on to upper structure with ground level access to all daily checks.
- Unrivalled serviceability with class-leading SAE rating.
- Long 500 hour intervals on all dig end, dozer and stabiliser grease points.
To view the JCB Hydradig brochure, click here or on the picture below.
The video below shows a demonstration of the JCB Hydradig 110W at Hillhead 2016:
We are very excited to introduce our new range of JCB Contractor Breakers which JCB launched at the end of April. In total, there are 13 models which have between a 0.5 and 60 tonne carrier weight compatibility. As well as working efficiently with our own JCB machines, our new contractor breakers are universal and are therefore able to be fitted onto other brands of excavators and breaker carriers.
The benefits of our new JCB Contractor Breakers Range include:
• One simple scaled design for consistent servicing across the range. Less time would therefore be spent on training your service engineers if they are operating a mixed fleet.
• The JCB machine and breaker is fully approved and compliant with the Machinery Directive and CE marked as appropriate.
• 3 years’ JCB warranty is available with the breaker as standard.
• Refillable auto greasing system to ensure correct lubrication and improved serviceability on the HM080T and above.
• Auto stop feature on HM080T and above to reduce blank firing and protect unnecessary wear and damage to the breaker from an inexperienced operator.
• Stroke adjusters on HM0541 models and above allow the operator to adjust tool speed and stroke length for increased productivity and reduced risk of damage to breaker or carrier.
• Accumulators on the HM026T and above protect the carrier machine from hydraulic pressure spikes which reduces wear and tear on the machine hydraulics.
• Internal control valves deliver higher efficiency and are least vulnerable compared with competitive products that feature external valves.
To download the new Contractor Breakers Range brochure, click here or on the picture of the brochure below.
One of our current offers is: 0% interest hire purchase over 3 years on all JCB breakers.
To find the product number for the size of JCB Contractor Breaker that you require, you can log onto your DealDesk account.